Monday, May 30, 2005

dining in the "garden"

We had a marvelous dinner on the back porch tonight. After spending the better part of the day biking at Shelby, I was set to spend the rest of my Memorial Day weekend relaxing. I did little bits of nothing all afternoon. my favorite kind of piddling. Taylor got inspired by the Food Network's grilling special and started creating his own grilling masterpieces. He made mahi mahi with an original, sparky grilling paste that he concocted in the kitchen. It was spicy and suprising. I had never had such great mahi before. He also grilled corn on the cob, and made up another original- cajan cole slaw. Delicious... I sneeked three bowls before dinner! The dinner conversaton was mostly "ummm, ummm."
We sat under our deck canopy and ate ice cream and drank coffee until the sun went down. Then we watered our deck garden by moonlight and flickering candles. This is the kind of extraordinary ordinary days I love to experience.

No comments: