I keep hearing Aretha Franklin singing " I can't get no satisfaction...."
except instead I am hearing.... "I don't want no substitutions"
why.... because I can't really get no satisfaction with the substitutions.
I have always been a bit of an idealist.
I like the best.
I want the best.
I crave the best.
the best experience ... especially.
and maybe even, as I have grown, I realize that the best in most material things is rather pointless, and its the experiences that I am most compelled to chase.
I have a pure desire for that which will most fully satisfy me.
I am not looking for half hearted, unintentional, and flippant dives into the gully of experience.
don't give me a murky water pool
I prefer crystal aqua pools with sparkling sunshine
satisfy with more depth.
satisfy with real conversation.
real vision.
real self.
I want to have fun. I want to enjoy myself.
But where do so many go for all this satisfaction?
......to a shallow grave.
putting off REAL satisfaction.
delaying genuine pleasure
for quick buzzes of happiness that blow away in the breeze at the end of the day
put to sleep with a shot
and a wish
maybe something will come along another day?
I don't' want this substitution.
I want genuine satisfaction
sometimes this requires a little more depth of attention
to self
to others
but at the end of the day.
and at the end of my life here
i plan on saying
I got my satisfaction !
No comments:
Post a Comment