Monday, July 10, 2006
sipping tea
Listen to the quiet voice inside
"To know how to choose a path with heart is to learn how to follow intuitive feeling."
-- Jean Shinoda Bolen
What ideas are teasing you these days?
Are you aware of any little gems floating around your consciousness these days? Charged little thoughts that beckon you to pay attention to them? Inspiration and intuition often bring powerful new ideas to us very subtly, very quietly. When you become aware of being teased by an idea, follow it!
"Get your ideas on paper and study them. Do not let them go to waste!"
-- Les Brown
July 10, 2006
Its very hard sometimes to know your own intuitions intentions.
I know there is a place in me that is full and does feel unsatisfied. It is not careful or hesitant about life. There is a place inside of me that is free and comfortable with all people and all affairs. This is the part of me that I call up from my soul and into my life. It is a truer me, untarnished with experiences in lack or despair.
Sitting and writing everyday makes me a better person. writing makes me happier than I am when I am not writing.
I sit with my music, my candle, my tea or coffee… and I wait. It’s the waiting that is better than anything else. Waiting for my true thoughts and feelings from the hours since last writing to come to the front. And while all the inspiration, confusion, love, and passion come up from inside me I give birth to all the things that shouldn’t be kept inside a person.
I guess I seem a little silly sometimes to people. All my oddities. I might tame them a bit if I thought I could. But I often lack the self control of my self expression. hahaha That makes me laugh. You know I am glad I lack self control of my self expression. I like being unwilling to hold back. I like being irrepressible and unyielding in my desire to share my self. And if I throw in a little discernment in, I guess most of the time it serves me.
I love people. I love so many people. Some drive me crazy for their insistence…and so I try not to do the same to others (when I can help it ) But most people delight me and I hope that I delight most people. People expressing themselves makes me happy. All their multicolored personalities and quirks. I love their little funny things. The shoes they choose to wear. Like the woman I think of now… who wears here cute little heels even in the rain. And my other friend who wears the same shoes, every single day and seems to have done so every single day for as long as I have known him. And my friend who wears hats and scarves like a southern belle. My friend who wears so many bright colors and has inspired me to find my color flare.
These people… they connect to something in me. And even if I laugh at them a bit on occasion. I love them so. I love them for all their quirks and little delicious faults that make them human and beautiful to me.
This morning I chose tea instead of coffee. I felt calmer than coffee. I have been drinking coffee every morning for the last year, and this morning I remembered a time when I didn’t do that. I remembered a time when I didn’t wake up to an alarm clock, and didn’t need a jolt of hot black java to move me into action. Sometimes even skipping the coffee all together. Sometimes sipping tea instead. Because I like it when the world moves at a slower pace. I like it when I move by my inspirations and not my to do list. I like to sit as long as I need to, until I can’t stand to sit any longer, and must must must get up and go attack my latest mind work.
So today I sip tea instead and I anticipate a wonderful day filled with these things. Have a great day world.
No comments:
Post a Comment